Friday, January 25, 2008

Skin Care for Forty Plus Women

Did you know that your favorite hair conditioner may also be great for your skin? Many hair products contain the same vitamins needed to maintain healthy moisturized skin. A friend who is a dermatologist told me that my favorite hair product, LC Legacy Shine & Protect, would also be good for my skin, so I decided to give it a try.

I was amazed at the result! After using it, my skin was soft, moist, and radiant. Here are some of the nutrients it contains that are good for our hair and skin.

Zinc is known to be very nourishing for skin. It is used as a treatment for psoriasis and protects against UV damage

Vitamin A helps to prevent dryness

Vitamin D helps to improve the feel and firmness of both skin and hair with repeated use.

Potassium is a natural moisturizer

Vitamin C a natural anti-oxidant that also helps to inhibit UVA and UVB damage.

Vitamin E protects cells from free radical damage (keeps them from aging)

Vitamin H (biotin) has healing properties

Selenium helps to decrease UV damage

Beta Carotene is an anti-oxidant that also protects against UV rays

Vitamin B helps the other ingredients to perform

I'll continue using Shine & Protect after showers as a vitamin treatment for my skin, and I will be suggesting it to my husband.

Men get dry skin too. This is a great multi-purpose product for men who don’t want to use common moisturizers on their face. After showering, they can just spray their hair (to remove tangles) and their face for a fresh moisturized look, that also helps to protect them from the environment, and be on their way.

No comments: